Thursday, January 06, 2005

Astaire

Well, I'm back. Of course, no one remembers me, so I don't know why I'm even mentioning it. I used to post using this url about movies, music, tv and my life, but I've decided to focus on music this time out. I really want to share the music that I think is fabulous with the world. If you're a fan of female singer/songwriters, straight-up rock, r&b/soul, or music that mixes genres and seems indefinable, then this is the place to come for something you might not have heard before.

Astaire

My first band is called Astaire and they were actually featured on allmusic.com (one of my favorite music search engines). They're two siblings of Brazilian descent that currently reside in NYC. Astaire is poppy with a hint of a Brazilian groove sound and I think they're fabulous. You can actually listen to their full EP "Don't Whisper Lies" using the Quicktime player on their site. Just click here, go to the Tracks link and launch the player. My favorite songs have to be "L-L-Love" and "Any Other Day", but they're all good. Also, check out their live performance of "L-L-Love" which is here (I actually think this live version is better than the album version). I'll be back tomorrow to post about another great band and links to their music. Buy the cd.

UPDATE: All of those links are outdated because Astaire has changed its name to Blondfire. Check out their myspace page or their official site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home