Sunday, June 19, 2005

Autolux

Autolux - The Definition of Cool

Autolux is from Los Angeles and their music is very indie rock. They've been compared to bands like My Bloody Valentine and Lush and you can definitely hear the similarities. However, they make their own sounds and don't steal too much from their idols. Their debut record "Future Perfect" was produced by famous rock producer T-Bone Burnett, of all people. Check out some video at their official website. If you're a member of myspace, check out their profile and you can listen to some songs from the record. Buy "Future Perfect".

6 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Autolux is one of my favorite new bands. Thanks for posting about them!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Thanks for the post, Steve! I appreciate the feedback.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a Lush fan for about 15 years, and I like MBV as well. I do not have a MySpace account yet, so I won't be hearing these guys very soon - but I will go out of my way to now.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Check out the video for "Turnsile Blues" at http://www.
autoluxproduct.com/video/
Autolux_TurnstileBluesVidFull.mov

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Looks like you won't have to wait too much longer. They're working on the new one and it should be out sometime this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home