Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Butterfly Boucher

Butterfly Boucher

Butterfly Boucher's from Australia and her album is called "Flutterby", of course (butterfly, flutterby, get it?). She's not exactly new - her album came out in October of '03 - but I don't think most people have heard of her. The record's quite great and doesn't particularly remind me of anyone, but it's definitely in the vein of female singer-songwriters like Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. She's an original though. Check out some songs and a couple of videos on her website. There's more songs and a short film here. It seems she toured with Sarah McLachlan last year and came to Dallas in July, but I was so disappointed with Sarah's new record (and the one before that) that I didn't even consider going (plus, it was at American Airlines Center, which is huge). I'm sure she'll be back and come to a smaller venue next time. Buy the cd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home