Monday, April 25, 2005

Regina Spektor

Just a little rant - Can someone please tell me what's wrong with the phrases "Blaze the Blaze" and "Purple Haze". Kids who don't know anything about pot won't know what it's referencing and those who do aren't going to smoke more because M.I.A. is singing about it. Give me a break!!! Okay, on to the real stuff. I'm going to start posting songs from new releases as bonus tracks on the left sidebar for your downloading pleasure. Today I've got new ones from New Order, Amerie, and Ben Folds.

Regina Spektor - Drunken Russian

Regina Spektor is originally from Russia, but currently lives in New York. She plays piano, writes and sings. She's known as an anti-folk artist, whatever that means. I just think she's a talented female singer/songwriter with some cool quirks. Her major-label debut "Soviet Kitsch" came out in September of last year and is a collection of songs produced by Gordon Raphael, who's done some work with The Strokes. Go to her official website for news and a peek at her video for "Us". Buy the cd.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sound! She's got talent. I can't quite place who she reminds me of but I really like her.

Thanks!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

You're welcome. She reminds me of Milla Jovovich. I don't know if that's because they're both Russian and my subconscious is connecting them or if they actually sound similar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home