Friday, February 04, 2005

Me

By overwhelming request (all three of you), I have been asked to post a bit about myself. I'm 32 and have a very close-knit family. I've loved music for as long as I can remember and The Beatles were my first favorite band. I still love them and think they were amazingly talented musicians and songwriters. I know a lot about music and wanted to put this blog together to try to introduce people to some artists that they might not have heard of otherwise. I find the idea that some people have that music died a long time ago to be a crock. By posting about artists that are new and good, I hope to dispel that myth. I don't listen to the radio, but I watch a lot of music videos and read a lot of different magazines and internet sites to find out about new music. I've lived in the Dallas area for the past 25 years and have also gone to more live music shows than I can count. All of the posts are artists that I connect with in some way and I would recommend you, dear reader, check them out and listen to them for yourself.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about!!

As far as music, I'm pretty much stuck on Rush. Any suggestions on how I could expand my horizons?? ;)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Brie, how about clicking on some of the links in the posts? You might find something that you like. Then again, maybe you're meant to listen to Rush for the rest of your life ;-)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Brian said...

You know, I think I just might do that...

I'll let you know if I find anything worthy. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home