Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Aero Wave

Aero Wave - Just Leslie??

Leslie Sisson is the only member of Aero Wave as far as I can tell. It's certainly not easy to find information about this band, so I could be completely wrong. Check out the website and you'll see what I mean. Talk about cryptic! The music's great though - electronic with sweet female vocals. The combination reminds me a bit of Mirah and her voice reminds me of Angie Hart (of Frente and Splendid). You can download 4 tracks from the site and see for yourself. I don't know about any release dates, but I do know that they played SXSW on the 16th and possibly are looking for a record deal. You can check out her other project The Killing Fields. She's also apparently a member of a roller derby team and goes by the name Rolletta Lynn. Interesting!

4 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger phule said...

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that thought this was Angie Hart!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep-- Leslie Sasson, AKA Rolletta Lynn IS Aerowave. If you think heer music is good, you haven't seen her skate for the GGRD 2005 champions, the Queens of Pain. That's even better! Check out www.gothamgirlsrollerderby.com for more on 'Letta (as she's often called) and the rest of the league.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy. Aero Wave was almost called Aero Hart but I've never heard Angie Hart or Splendid. I'll have to check them out. Aero Wave is just me, Leslie, for now, but I'm hoping to have more Aero Wavers in NYC soon. Thanks so much for the comments. Take care!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Melleners said...

That is weird. You should definitely check them out. Thank you, Leslie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home