Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Augustana

Augustana All Foggy

I heard Augustana for the first time in June. I really liked the song, but forgot about the band. Then, they played the video on 120 Minutes last night and I remembered the song and how good it was. They're definitely alt-country which I totally dig. They remind me a little bit of Old Pike, a band that's no longer in existence, but was also a bit melancholy and melodic. The band started in Illinois in college and was quickly signed to a record deal. Check out Augustana's official website for news, sound clips, and tour dates. You can also check out the video for "Stars and Boulevards" there. Pre-order the album.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Isn't this the band that was on that TV show we watched the other night?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Why yes, yes it is. I told you I was going to post about them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home