Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Inara George

Inara George

Inara George is a singer-songwriter from LA. Her father is the late Lowell George from Little Feat, so she was surrounded by musicians as a child. She was a member of a great band from a few years ago, the now defunct Merrick, with Bryony Atkinson. Her sound is indie rock, but with a pop vibe. Her sound is sweet with lots of hooks. Her voice reminds me a little bit of Lisa Papineau from Pet. Check out her official site. Listen to "Fools In Love". Listen to the whole album at cdbaby.com. Buy "All Rise".

4 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see her at Trees last month? Great sound, thanks for the links. You really do a great job finding good music.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

No, I missed out actually. Thanks for the compliment!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger kat said...

Cool site. I work in an industry where I end up interviewing alot of bands...I've recently had the chance to work with Copeland, Louis XIV and Brandi Carlisle. All really great artists.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Melleners said...

Thanks, Kat. I appreciate the feedback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home